Friday, October 25, 2013

THE MIDNIGHT HOUR make up look


I got inspired for this look at around midnight ^_^

For my base I used my magical trio L'Oreal Lumi Magique (True Match Lumi) foundation in W3/D3 Gold Linen (applied with my magical Real Techniques stippling brush) + Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in NC30 on my face + Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer in 02 Light under my eyes.

For my eyes I used my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette.
I applied Blackout (matte black) all over my eyelid up to my crease, and on my lower lashline.
Then I blended it with Busted (sligtly purply brown with a burgundy and golden sheen) in the crease, and with Pistol (a frosty grey brown) below my lower lashline.

I lined my waterline with Essence I Love Rock gloss eye pencil, and I finished off my eyes with Helena Rubinstein Spider Eyes mascara base + Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Black mascara.

I contoured my face and my cheekbones with Mac Harmony blush (matte taupe) and I blended into it just a touch of Mac Star Wonder Mineralize Skinfinish (mauvy pink with golden shimmer) on my cheekbones.
I instinctively reached for Star Wonder as a blush because its shade of pink is the same I wanted to use on my lips, and its golden shimmer would go perfectly with the gold undertone of the eyeshadows I had on.

Not that I think that the make up shades we use for a look have to "match" or be immediately connected to each other. I find contrasting shades a lot more interesting.
Just in this case I thought this whole eyes-cheeks-lips combination would bring the entire look together beautifully.

On my lips I used Lala lipstick by NYX (again, a mauvy pink). I just dabbed it on lightly because I wanted it to enhance my natural lip colour, not to let the lips be completely overshadowed by such strong eyes while still looking naturally rosy.

We need to come up with more looks for other times of the day and night, it sounds like it would be fun!!! :-D

Thanks for sharing here with me a part of your own hour, whichever it might be :-)

Love
MJ

2 comments:

  1. Hi, MJ..! How are you? You look just so beautiful as always..! :-) Wow..! "Midnight hour" look..! You know what this look reminds me of..? "after-clubbing hour"..! The smudge around the eyes remind me of those moments after you dance the night off on a dance floor..when the hot air of a crowded club and the sweat on your face create the smudge around your eyes..! :-))) I didn't know that a girl can still look beautiful with the smudge around her eyes...You are the pure example of a beautiful girl with the smudge here...! I think i will look just like a panda if I try this look on my face. :-( "like it like it like it" anyway..! looking forward to your next posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yi Jung receiving your comments is always so rewarding, you are the dream reader that every "writer" would love to have!! Thank you so SO much!! :-* <3

      Delete

Thank you for writing me, I will get back to you asap :-*