Wednesday, March 5, 2014

MY MARDI GRAS MAKE UP

My Mardi Gras make up

Hey did someone say Mardi Gras?? ^_^

If you're reading me from Louisiana put your hands up!! Brazil too!!!! :-D

Haha I had so much fun creating this look, I even put a bunch of rollers in my hair for the occasion!! :-D

I have already posted this look on my Instagram @mjintheskywithglitter, but here I would like to share the products I have used!
I know that this time I have mostly used high-end products, but if you ask me in a comment I will be more than happy to suggest some inexpensive alternatives :-)

L'Oreal Lumi Magique (True Match Lumi) foundation in DW3 Gold Linen, applied with my Real Techniques stippling brush

Mac Pro Longwear concealer in NC30 on my face where needed

Clinique Line Smoothing concealer in 02 Light on my undereye area

Inglot AMC Face and Body Illuminator in shade 63, a pinky gold, all over my cheeks. This is my favourite liquid highlighter!

Diorshow Fusion Mono eyeshadow in 881 Hypnotique as a base. It is a cream product and is a gorgeous grey-ish purple infused with green and pink microglitter. On the eyes you won't see any glitter, it is so fine that it will only give a fantastic overall sheen :-)

Chanel Les 4 Ombres palette in 08 Vanites. See how beautiful this palette is?? All 4 shades are shimmery, and for this look I used all of them!!
I used the lilac (bottom left) all over my eyelid. I defined my crease and my lower lashline with the golden burgundy (bottom right). I darkened and smoked out my outer corner with the purple (top left). I highlighted my inner corner with the pearly pink (top right).

YSL eye pencil in 12 Silky Pink, a baby pink, in my waterline

YSL Eyeliner Baby Doll - L'Eyeliner Noir, a liquid black eyeliner with a brush applicator, to line and elongate my upper lashline

Helena Rubinstein Spider Eyes mascara base

Dior Diorshow Black Out mascara on top and bottom lashes

Kiko False Lashes Concentrate, a volumizing top coat mascara, on top lashes

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer, a matte bronzer, to get sun-kissed skin and to intensify the crease of my eye

Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Dollface, such a pretty matte baby pink!

YSL Rouge Volupté lipstick 8, an intense baby pink, on the outer part of my lips

YSL Rouge Pur Couture lipstick 22, a bright baby pink with a subtle pearlescence to it, in the centre of my lips to create the illusion of fuller lips

Kiko Nail Lacquer shade 314, the perfect orchid shade that is all the rage at the moment!

I hope you enjoyed it this look as much as I did creating it!!
If you would like to see other "themed" make up looks you can check out My Bloody Valentine and My New Year's Eve make up

Thank you for coming to see me, always stay beautiful <3

Love
MJ


4 comments:

  1. Love allll the colours of the Chanel palette..!they are all such gorgeous colours...! And the ysl rouge volupte..!on the picture, it looks that there's a very mere touch of orange in pink..is it so or is it simply pink baby pink..?;) I will check it out during my next visit to Sephora. ;-) i like it!
    Great job again,MJ.! It's just amazing how you do your eye make-up. It amazes me each time.! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both lipsticks are pure pink :)
      As always, it's been my pleasure to entertain you my special friend :)
      Love you and wish you a happy day xoxo

      Delete
  2. You, my blonde girly, are just too gorgeous! Great make up selection!!xx

    Anoushka
    Anoushkaloves.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha YOU, my Blonde skinfinished girl, are too gorgeous!!
      I'm thrilled you liked this look!
      Hope you're having a fun weekend ^_^
      xx
      MJ

      Delete

Thank you for writing me, I will get back to you asap :-*