Monday, October 13, 2014

SEPTEMBER FAVOURITES + MAC ALTERNATIVES!

September favourites

Hello girls,
I am super late with my favourite products from last month, but I promise I have a good reason for it!
I really tried my best to find a dupe for at least one of the products I picked, but I just could not :-(
In my entire collection I couldn't find anything reasonably similar to be considered as a dupe :-(

Which in a way is great news for me, because it means that I got new new products, but on the other side it kind of sabotaged my "monthly favourites + dupe" tradition.

But not all of my efforts have been in vain, because while I can't give you dupes I will give you ALTERNATIVES!!

So let's get into it.

Mac Viva Glam Rihanna 2 lipstick and lipglass - love and obsession at first sight. So beautiful. So unique.
I'm going to get like 4 back-ups of each before they are discontinued after 6 months!
I didn't know, I found out in one of my friend Sarah's https://www.youtube.com/user/nytdollface videos :'-((((
If you want to know more and see swatches, I wrote an entire blogpost about them, so please go to Mac Viva Glam Rihanna 2 Lipstick and Lipglass

Mac Stone lip pencil - it changed my life. With its shadow-creating and contour-camouflaging magical powers, it broadened new horizons for my lip make up.

Mac Spite lipglass - your natural lips, but darker and glossier. In a word, perfection.

Mac Pink Cult blush - very pretty lavender pink. Being completely matte and such a cool shade, it might not appear as the most alive colour to some. But it sure comes to life when it's on our cheeks girls!! The only downside is that I don't see it as equally flattering on darker skintones.

Mac Taupe blush - the BEST shade for contouring light to medium complexions. No orange at all in it.
Shadows in real life fade into grey and black. That's why to create the most realistic shadows on our face - which is what we do with the contouring - we need a flesh-toned pink shade that is darkened and faded into grey, meaning a grey-ish brown a.k.a. our beloved Taupe colour.
Ok, now let's get over this and go back to bronzer for our daily make up game hahaha!! :-D

Mac Breaking Ground cream colour base - a grey lavender that, again, doesn't really send a chill down your spine when you look at in the pan, but it's incredibly beautiful on the eyes <3

Except for the Viva Glam lipstick and lipgloss, all the other products are part of the new Artificially Wild collection, so more pictures and swatches are here Mac Artificially Wild collection


Mac Stormy Pink paintpot, Mac Breaking Ground cream colour base, Mac Frozen Violet paintpot

And it's Breaking Ground the product I have found alternatives for, in case you missed out on it or in case your skin wasn't whale-oil-proof-kind-of-dry like mine.
Because on my eyelids Mac cream colour bases work like a dream, but I was thinking that on most other girls a paintpot would perform better.

So if you like Breaking Ground you could also try Stormy Pink paintpot (matte and a little more red-toned), or Frozen Violet paintpot (shimmery and a little darker), one of my all time favourite and most used product :-)

I hope you enjoyed this post!!
Thank you for reading ^_^

Love
MJ

16 comments:

  1. Love this post!! Some of my faves on there too!

    Francesca xo | www.effstarbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you love the Viva Glam Rihanna lipstick too, and I love how you described its colour in your review!! <3

      Kiss x

      Delete
  2. I neeeeeeeedddddddd those blushes, that lipliner and those paintpots. And I also feel that now it's Autumn, I want dewy skin like a giraffe licked my face. Just kidding, I just wanted to put that in a comment to make you smile! Haha love youuuuu!!!

    Anoushka xx www.Anoushkaloves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That whale-oil-proof skin though...

      :-D

      Love you back hun!!! xxx

      Delete
  3. Love this post and the products �� . "Spite" Lipglass will soon be Mine too :), both products of Viva Glam Riri 2 as well - hopefully :'D.

    Love you <3
    Tici

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spite will look incredible on you!!
      And the Viva Glam Rihanna lipstick and lipgloss are really beautiful and unique *_*

      Love you my sweet friend <3

      Delete
  4. How did I not know you watch Sarah as well? I feel like my brain shut off for a moment there. I actually purchased Rihanna Viva Glam 2 before I saw her feature it, I just had to have it! :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha who DOESN'T watch Sarah or loves her to bits??
      Love you both my girls <3 <3

      Delete
  5. I LOVE the Mac Paint Pots, they are so amazing!! Last time I went to Mac, I really hesitated buying Frozen Violet Pink Pot. You're making me want to go buy it now!!! Please tell me when you take a picture wearing it so I can see what it looks like ;)

    http://accordingtojustine.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly Frozen Violet is a product I would recommend to everyone, of every skintone and hair/eye colour.
      I wear it in many looks but I'll take a close up picture just for you to see :-)
      Try it on next time you go to Mac and you will instantly know what I mean ;-)

      Love xx

      Delete
  6. I've been looking for a new eyeshadow base, and after your previous two posts I'm seriously in need of the Breaking Ground base! I'm loving these colours, especially now it's coming to winter.

    Amazing post as always!

    xoxo Nikki @ ourpreciouswonders.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure that cream colour bases work for you as an eye base if you never tried them before.
      And with your skintone and love for mauve I would recommend more than anything Frozen Violet paintpot, I can't even take how incredible it will look on you!!
      Love you beautiful xx

      Delete
  7. Ooh I want to try a lot of this stuff now. The lip pencil sounds amazing. I really need to get into the habit of using them as they make such a difference. x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kate!
      To be honest I don't wear lip pencils on a daily basis - only when I'm wearing red, or very dark or bright lipsticks, or when I want to create a dramatic nude lip.
      But regardless of how often you use a lip pencil, Stone is definitely a trick that should be up every make up lover's sleeve ;-)

      xx

      Delete
  8. Taupe looks perfect for contouring indeed! I need to check it!

    Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apply it with Mac 188 brush, like the Mac mua did.
      Any brush more dense than that might be a little dangerous haha ;-)

      xx

      Delete

Thank you for writing me, I will get back to you asap :-*