Monday, December 30, 2013

MAC REFLECTS ANTIQUE GOLD - NEW YEAR'S EVE make up look

Mac Reflects Antique Gold

I'm excited to share this look created around 2 of my favourite and most unique Mac products, Reflects Antique Gold glitter and Genuine Treasure paintpot.

Mac Reflects Antique Gold glitter and Mac Genuine Treasure paintpot

Reflects Antique Gold is an antique - meaning darkened/brassy - gold glitter and is a permanent Pro product.
If you have Mac pigment Christmas sets in your collection, go have a look. You might find a small vial of Reflects Antique Gold in one of them :-)

*Mac website and glitter packagings state "Glitter is not eye safe and is not recommended for use on this area of the face", because some glitter particles might fall into the eyes and hurt them.
So if you apply glitter on your eyes, please just be careful :-)

Genuine Treasure is the paintpot version of Reflects Antique Gold. It is exactly the same shade.
Disgracefully, Genuine Treasure is a limited edition product and is currently not on sale :(
So far it has only been released once, as part of the Posh Paradise collection in 2011.
It was so popular and sold out so fast that I'm sure it will be re-released soon. I'm actually surprised they haven't done it yet! :-/

As an alternative base to Genuine Treasure I suggest Mac Antique Diamond paintpot, which is a permanent product.
Antique Diamond is more of a platinum gold, and compared to Genuine Treasure is lighter and more greeny/grey, but will still complement Reflects Antique Gold beautifully.

If you don't have any of these don't panic, just use whatever neutral base you have, and the glitter on top will still do most of the job ;-)

I finished off my eyes by blending a matte brown shade in my crease and in my lower lashline.
I actually used Bahama Mama from The Balm, the bronzer I used on my face too, but an eyeshadow will be exactly the same.
You can go blending the brown as wide as you like in both directions, depending on how dramatic you want the final result to be.
It goes without saying that I went very high above my crease and very low under my lower lashline, I mean, I would blend my eyeshadow down to my chin if only I could.

And many generous coats of black mascara are a must!! I used Dior Diorshow Blackout on top of Helena Rubinstein Spider Eyes mascara base!!

Now let's break down the rest of the look:

I believe that bronzy looks are enhanced by a tanned skin, so I previously self-tanned my face with my only facial self-tanner, Dior Bronze Auto-Bronzant in Natural Glow.
It's the first I tried years ago, and I've always been so happy with it that I honestly never looked for alternatives.

On my face I used L'Oreal Lumi Magique (True Match Lumi) foundation in W3/D3 Gold Linen, applied with my Real Techniques stippling brush, and Mac Pro Longwear concealer in NC30.
I concealed and brightened my undereye area with Clinique Line Smoothing concealer in 02 Light.

I intensified my tan and contoured my cheekbones with Bahama Mama from The Balm, a fantastic matte non-orange powder bronzer with the most buttery texture and a very subtle and flattering satiny sheen to it.

I applied Sleek Makeup blush in Pixie Pink, a Barbie pink, on the apples of my cheeks with my Real Techniques Contour Brush, a oval shaped brush with dense medium length bristles to have more control on where I was placing the colour.
I then blended it with iconic blush Nars Orgasm, which enhanced the pink with a peachy golden sheen.

On my lips I went for a soft-but-not-too-much neutral nude.
I first erased most natural pigmentation and neutralized them with some concealer.
I slightly overdrew them with Catrice Precision Lip Liner in 010 Choc'aholic, a pale beige shade, and then filled them in with 01 Nude Beige, a pinky beige, the ultimate luxury-made-lipstick from the Rouge Volupté series by YSL Yves Saint Laurent.


What will be your New Year's Eve make up look ladies??
Please tag me in your pictures on Instagram @mjintheskywithglitter, or leave the link to your blogpost in a comment .

If you want to see it, this is another look I created with glitter, breathtaking Mac Reflects Turquatic 
TURQUOISE STARDUST make up look

Thank you so much for reading and making my blog happen, HAPPY NEW YEAR with love and health and happiness for you and your family!!

Love <3
MJ

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful MJ. I need those products in my life. Amazing look, I might just try this hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I have a feeling we have a not-so-good influence on each other!!! I can't wait to see your look and products from New Year's Eve!!!! :-D *_*
      I hope you had a fantastic time with your loved ones, Happy New Year sweetest lady, I'll talk to you later :-* <3

      Delete
  2. Ahhh..!!i just wrote a comment but it failed to be published!!!!!grrrrrr....!!! Anyway, i'm writing again.........
    I really really love this look...! I'd love to see the look with your eyes wide open so that i can see how you did the lower part of your eyes....! It's so beautiful..glittery and festive...but not too much...it's just the "right" make up for tonight, really..! I'd love to try it on myself..but firstly i need to get the products you used....!
    Happy new year to you and your loved ones, MJ!!!! Wish you and your blog "the best" for 2014!!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YI you never need the same products to recreate a look, you can always use what you already have in your vanity!! A look can also be recreated while changing all the colours!! ^_^
      Lots and love and happiness for you and your family my dearest friend, thank you for being always "here" with me and supporting me, I love you!! :-*** <3

      Delete

Thank you for writing me, I will get back to you asap :-*