Friday, July 4, 2014

JUNE FAVOURITES + MAC DUPE!

My June favourites

My beautiful and super sweet friend Annika asked me on her Instagram @annipr13 (her blog is HoSt - Home of Style) to show her my favourite make up products for the month of June, so I am now I am very excited to be writing my first monthly favourites post!!
Thank you so much for getting me started Annika!! ^_^

I won't include my all time favourite products that I've been using every day for months/years and that you always see in all my make up looks.
These will be products that I have tried for the first time, or re-discovered, and absolutely LOVED during the past month.

Mac Delphic Extra Dimension bronzer, from the new Alluring Aquatic collection - a beautiful bronzer (in an even more beautiful packaging!!!), it looks a little dark in the pan but its satin finish will make it appear a little more sheer on the skin.
To see what else I got from the Alluring Aquatic collection please go to Mac Alluring Aquatic collection

Mac Rio Mineralize Skinfinish* - I sweep my brush in the pink part, and it gives my cheekbones the most incredible frosty pink almost wet looking sheen.

Bourjois Effet 3D gloss in 03 Brun Rosé Academic - I have a few glosses from this line and their thick and volumizing while soft and creamy texture is probably my top favourite for lipglosses.
This mauve shade with silver flecks is the most flattering your-lips-but-better game.
I also chose this as my Favourite Lipgloss in my Lip Product Addict Tag!! Lip Product Addict Tag

Bourjois Effet 3D 03 Brun Rosé Academic

L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara - you know I never wear mascara without my white base coat, but to test this for the first time I applied it without the base.
As I built it up I couldn't believe my eyes, even without a base this mascara is truly SOOO volumizing, while giving real manga-like definition to your lashes.
That first time I tried it I then went out to dinner with my best friend and no joke, after saying hello the first thing she said to me was "What mascara are you wearing??? Your lashes look amazing!!" :-O Seriously.
I'm not sure I like the flexible brush because I believe it gives you less control on it, but when the final result is what it is then may the brush do whatever it wants to do haha :-D

Essie Bikini So Teeny - this month I've really been into icy blue nail polish shades, and this perfect light cornflower blue with silver flecks is my favourite.
Other nail polish in the same colour category that I love are Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Huckleburry and L'Oreal Colour Riche in Ocean Porcelaine.

Mac Myth lipstick - the first time I tried Myth a couple of years ago I found it gave my lips a very unflattering concealer effect, so I was like - NO.
So I'm very happy I finally gave it another try, because I realized I can correct that colour issue by lining my lips with a slightly darker lip pencil to give it more dimension.
My lip pencil of choice to do this trick is Flormar Waterproof Lipliner no. 201.

And now I have a dupe for you!
I searched my collection for a dupe for Myth, and I found that H&M new Matte Lipstick in Bardot is very comparable.
Its texture is not as smooth as Myth, but a smoother payment transaction (aka its price being a fraction of Myth hahaha!!!) will surely make up for it.

L: Mac Myth - R: H&M Bardot

Girls I hope you enjoyed my June favourites!!
What are yours??
Please link your blogpost in a comment or tag me in your Instagram pictures @mjintheskywithglitter ^_^

Thank you again Annika for tagging me, lots of love to you and to all of you reading too!!

And if you want to see what look I created with Delphic + Rio + Myth please go to My Lebanese Nights OOTN and Arabic inspired make up :)

Love <3
MJ

*Rio MSF was sent to me by Mac PR.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great post and the wonderful MAC Cosmetics Lipstick dupe!

    Krystal | Little Beauty Bug <3 & Tumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, thank YOU!!
      Searching for dupes is the perfect excuse to re-discover hidden gems in our collection ;-)
      Thanks for reading xx

      Delete
  2. Love them all! What a great dupe find :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm sure you already own at least a few of my June favourites ;-)
      And searching for dupes is the perfect excuse to re-discover hidden gems in our make up collection, right? ^_^

      Love you xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely favorites post my sweet friend! Can you believe that I don't own Myth? Will have to give it a swatch next time I'm in store. Sending you tons of love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's can YOU believe I had already tried Myth and did not like it!!
      I'm sure the darker lip liner is the key to wearing it at its most beautiful :)
      Let me know how you like it when you try it, I'm not sure I can handle how incredible you will look wearing it :-O
      A big hug my amazing friend <3

      Delete
  4. Ah I was desperate to get my hands on the MAC bronzer from the Alluring Aquatics collection, but was constantly sold out - it looks solo nice!! Im also a fan of Myth so interesting to see the dupe!! :)
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got both bronzers from Alluring Aquatic - first Aphrodite's Shell then Delphic - just because the satin Extra Dimension finish is my favourite, I'm sorry you were out of luck with these :'-(((
      Kisses xx

      Delete

Thank you for writing me, I will get back to you asap :-*